Join us as a Infrastructure specialist and play a pivotal role in maintaining, configuring, and operating our clients systems. In this position, you'll be responsible for ensuring the systems' uptime, performance, resource availability, and security.
As a Infrastructure specialist at Prog-It, you will guide and support our customers and colleagues in maximizing the benefits of using Microsoft's Azure and On-prem infrastructure services. You will design setups, linking resources through Azure services and on-premises servers like Active Directory, Windows server and Microsoft SQL databases. Other tasks include securing systems, monitoring performance, troubleshooting, resolving issues, and maintaining documentation.
If that sounds interesting and you're passionate about technology and eager to make a difference, we'd love to hear from you.
Apply now and become a part of our dynamic team!
Your daily work includes:
- Participating in various customer projects, from implementing cloud foundations and platforms to transforming workloads into cloud native application.
- Implement new server and storage systems according to documented plans and change control processes.
- Pre-sales activity including assisting with writing customer proposals.
- Deep-diving into our customers' challenges by giving workshops and design recommendations to technical teams and stakeholders.
- Administer server and storage systems to ensure their continued operations through proactive review of application logs and system consoles.
- Research warnings, errors and reported issues to determine the root cause; prepare action plans; and document, test and implement solutions.
- Respond to situation tickets in the assigned support queue in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Contribute to an atmosphere of knowledge-sharing.
Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems, or business administration; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
To be a relevant applicant, you should have:
- Over three years of experience in Azure or Microsoft on-prem server and services management in production environments.
- Working experience of Microsoft Azure services, including virtual machines, networking, storage, identity, and access management. As well as Proficiency in Windows Server operating systems (2016 and 2019).
- Familiarity with Active Directory, Group Policy, and core Windows Server services.
- Basic understanding of hybrid cloud solutions and architecture.
- Ability to create, configure, and manage Azure virtual machines, storage accounts, and virtual networks.
- Proficiency in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting on-premises Windows Server setups in virtual environments.
- Familiarity with Windows Server roles and features like DNS, DHCP, and file services.
- Experience with monitoring tools in on-premises and cloud environments.
- Skill in identifying and troubleshooting common server performance, connectivity, and service issues.
- Understanding of networking concepts: IP addressing, subnets, routing, and firewall rules. Ability to configure and troubleshoot network connectivity.
Any certification relevant to Azure or On-prem server administration, for example AZ-104 is of merit.
To succeed at Prog-It, you are:
- Driven and engaged - You can have direct dialogue with our customers and guide them through the technical landscape on your own.
- Solution-oriented and understands system architecture at a high level.
- Communicative and possesses good teamwork skills.
- Furthermore, a driver's license is required.
- You should be able to express yourself fluently in speech and write professional texts in both English and Finnish.
- Varied and versatile work.
- Pleasant and interesting clients.
- You get to work with and in international teams.
- Competitive salary, collective agreement, and bonus system.